Information About Bike Accident Injury Claims from a Bicycle Accident Attorney Morgantown, WV Trusts
A bicycle accident attorney in Morgantown, WV knows all too well that when a cyclist is hit by a vehicle, the injuries they sustain are often serious. Some of the more common injuries from such accidents include bone fractures, brain, and spinal cord injuries. Tragically, many bike accident victims suffer injuries so severe that their lives are forever changed.
A bicycle accident attorney in Morgantown, WV from Adams Legal Group PLLC will work diligently to obtain injured clients and their families the financial compensation they deserve for their injuries. Our legal team aggressively advocates on behalf of victims against insurance companies who try to deny them the compensation to which they are entitled. Call us today if you would like to know how we may be able to help you, too.
Bike Accident Claims
At Adams Legal Group PLLC, we find that the majority of bike accidents are due to the negligence of the automobile driver. Drivers fail to notice cyclists and subsequently collide with them when they make turns, change lanes, or open the door of their parked vehicle in the path of an oncoming bike. A bicycle accident attorney in Morgantown, WV from our firm can help you seek compensation for your injury costs from the responsible party.
>Driver negligence is often due to the driver engaging in distracted driving behaviors such as sending or reading text messages, talking on their phone, or other activities.
A bicycle accident attorney in Morgantown, WV from Adams Legal Group PLLC can assist victims of bike accidents with filing a claim against the at-fault driver and pursue damages for the following losses:
- All past, current, and future medical expenses for treatment of injuries;
- Any wages lost from being unable to work while recovering, as well as any future income if the victim is unable to return to their former position or if their injuries leave them unable to work at all;
- Any rehabilitation expenses, including occupational, physical, and vocational rehabilitation.
- Costs of long-term medical and/or daily care if the injuries have caused permanent disabilities; and
- Pain and suffering.
Sadly, too many bike accident victims do not survive their injuries and their loved ones are left to grieve their loss. The victim’s family not only suffers the emotional loss of their family member, but they are often left with overwhelming financial burdens the victim’s needless death causes.
In these situations, a bicycle accident attorney in Morgantown, WV from Adams Legal Group PLLC can file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault driver on behalf of the victim’s survivors. Depending on the situation, damages in a wrongful death claim can include:
- All medical expenses accrued in trying to save the victim’s life;
- Funeral and burial costs;
- Loss of income and future financial support the victim would have provided if they had survived;
- Loss of future benefits, such as health insurance and retirement benefits, the victim would have provided if they had survived;
- Emotional anguish survivors are suffering due to the victim’s death;
- Loss of companionship the victim provided; and
- Loss of guidance, care, and protection the victim provided.
Contact a Bike Accident Attorney for Help
West Virginia has placed statute of limitations on both personal injury and wrongful death claims. It is critical to file your claim within that time frame because once it expires you will not be able to pursue compensation. If you would like to find out more information, contact a bicycle accident attorney Morgantown, WV turns to from Adams Legal Group PLLC for a free case evaluation.