Misdemeanor attorney Morgantown WV
If you have been arrested for a reckless driving ticket, you should seek the help of a Morgantown, WV misdemeanor attorney from Adams Legal Group, PLLC. Being arrested for reckless driving is not a crime that you want to shrug off, as the consequences can be financially steep and entail jail time. If you or someone you care about has recently been arrested for this reason, please reach out to a misdemeanor attorney Morgantown, WV trusts today for advice. We have been dedicated to helping clients create strong defenses for various crimes, and a criminal defense attorney Morgantown, WV knows can help with your legal matters. We believe in the good in people, and understand that sometimes we all make mistakes.
The Factors of a Conviction
When deciding whether a driver is convicted of reckless driving, the court system may take several factors into consideration. The degree to which the driver was knowingly careless behind the wheel and how many others were impacted due to the behavior, can be what determines the resulting punishments. Other factors of whether a driver is convicted can include:
- The severity of the weather when the reckless driving incident occurred.
- Whether pedestrians were within close distance or hit by the driver due to the reckless behavior.
- Whether the reckless driving seriously risked the lives of others.
- If the behavior extended past negligence, where the driver was entirely aware of how recklessly he or she was maneuvering .
Examples of Reckless Driving
By law, there are certain driving actions that are considered reckless. However, the specific behaviors that are deemed reckless can depend on what state you live in. So, it is important that you meet with a misdemeanor attorney in Morgantown, WV to find out what laws apply for your state. Examples of reckless driving behavior are listed as follows:
- Speeding 25 MPH over the posted speed limit.
- Passing a car illegally, such as using opposite traffics lanes to get ahead.
- Tailgating another vehicle on the road.
- Running red lights or stop signs.
- Using your vehicle in a manner that is knowingly unsafe or risky.
- Racing on the public roads with other vehicles.
- Weaving in and out of traffic.
Repercussions for a Conviction
Drivers who are charged with a reckless driving offense may endure various repercussions, both financially and in regards to their freedom. A driver may have to pay thousands of dollars in fees and penalties, have their license suspended, be put on probation, serve 12 months in jail, and have a mark on their record. If you are at risk of facing serious consequences for reckless driving, we suggest getting advice from a misdemeanor attorney in Morgantown, WV as soon as possible.
Understanding Your Situation
We understand that you may be worried about your finances and future after the arrest. It can help to have a legal professional working on your side, that can advocate for your character during court hearings. All we ask is that you remain open and honest with us about your criminal background. If we do not understand the entirety of your history, we may unknowingly create an unsuitable defense for you. You do not have to worry about us judging you, as we are here to help.
A misdemeanor attorney in Morgantown, WV from Adams Legal Group, PLLC would be happy to meet with you at your next convenience to talk more about what we can do for you.