West Virginia Surgical (“Misadventure”) Error Attorney
Doctors in the past have been held in the highest esteem and their competence was rarely questioned. But as medical science advanced and became more complex doctors have been found guilty of making errors and their patients suffered injury and sometimes death and the term medical malpractice evolved. Medical malpractice takes many forms such as prescribing the wrong medication, delayed and incorrect diagnosis, and others, but one of the most serious forms of medical malpractice is surgical error which can leave a patient with permanent injuries or even death.
– Surgical errors can cause you to suffer:
* loss of income because you can not go back to work or have to take a lesser job
* chronic and excruciating pain due to having to have repeated surgeries to correct a surgical error
* mental anguish because due to additional physical therapy and the extended recovery time from each surgery
* depression because of your inability to engage in life’s basic pleasures because of nerve damage or inadvertent amputation
* other psychological trauma from a loss of self-esteem due to scarring and disfigurement
* other damages
Our firm is well aware that surgeons make mistakes and that they should be held responsible as we are experienced and knowledgeable surgical error and medical malpractice attorneys in West Virginia. Surgeons today specialize in certain fields and develop an expertise in their chosen specialty. A heart doctor for example may only operate on the cardio vascular system while an orthopedic surgeon may specialize in knee repair. Such specialties allows a physician to gain practical experience over time and should, in theory, cause the surgeon to become an expert in his field. But surgical errors occur everyday and the surgeons, doctors, and hospital can be held responsible for the damages caused to you by their negligence.
– Types of Surgical Errors You May Have Suffered
* Nerve Damage
* Incorrect Procedure Performed
* Organ Damage
* Failing to Remove Surgical Instruments
A surgeon, the surgical staff, the hospital and others involved can cause you to suffer needlessly because of their carelessness and negligence. If you have been injured, or have had a loved one die, as the result please give us a call for a free consultation. If you are incapacitated and cannot come to see us we will be more than happy to come out to see you. We will listen to you and try and understand the pain that you are going through, physical and emotional, and will use all of the resources at our disposal to zealously represent your rights. Contact the Adams Legal Group PLLC, today.